Update For The First Quarter

I thought about all the goals I made for the 2015-16 school year and wanted to see if I kept following through.

  • Create video channels through SNAP, the county’s instructional media library, with all the links in the new social studies curriculum (fall project). I have 2 grade levels done so far, and I am slowly but surely finishing the other grade levels as typing this
  • Develop weekly classes for the makerspace for my Friday flextime. We have a great start with materials in the space, and now it’s time for weekly classes (on-going). My Fridays have been filled up with testing, facilitating surveys and technology software updates. I do plan to have December devoted to the Hour of Code
  • Co-teach with the school’s music teacher for PreK weekly classes (weekly). These have been some of my favorite times of the week; the students are engaged and so kind. We have developed great relationships, and I have incorporated music into more of my traditional library specials. The music teacher and myself will collaborate for December with the four sections of first grade with a “Nutcracker” unit. 
  • Update the collection development policy, which has not been updated since the early 2000s (winter project). This will be my goal in January and I hope to have it done by the end of February break.
  • Revise the library’s mission and vision statement to coincide with the PLC culture of the school (on-going). Going strong.
  • Look at the library’s website and decide how can it have more student involvement/direction? Do all the librarians in the district create a common site with everything, or each one has her own? (on-going). Back-burner topic for 2016. The district launched a new website, and trainings are still needed
  • Weed the reference collection, everyone collection and look at the video collection. I want to see which videos or resources we might have digitally through SNAP and weed old VHSs no one has checked out in years (winter, spring project). I still plan to have this in the spring. Right now, my volunteer is putting labels on the biographies, which are now categorized. I hope to increase the circulation with the new arrangement. I want to place my paperback fiction books into the hardcover fiction book collection. Right now, I am changing the titles in the catalog, and will label these this winter/spring. Plan to integrate the collection in June. 
  • Fine-tune lessons this year. I have my units, standards, I Can Statements and assessments in place. With all that work I did last winter and summer, I have found I have saved hours each week trying to come up with lessons. I have a curriculum now. There are some tweaks here and there, but I’m making notes to revise for next year (on-going). For the most part, I have been pleased with my new curriculum this year. Some components of lessons have not worked like I have thought, but they are easy fixes for next year. I find that I am not as stressed to make lessons or plan until midnight.
  • Focus on writing more with my students this year during specials (on-going). I have kept up with this goal. My students have been doing well when there is a written component. 
  • Two new goals: Edit my technology policy for ipads, lab and computer cart usage. Create an infographic annual report to provide to administrators in June. 
Advertisements