To put it plain and simple-blogs are easy to use. There is no coding you must know, and you do not need to excel at graphic design. Websites such as Blogger or WordPress have easy-to-use templates and application features that could encourage students to use this tool.
Here are some areas where blogs might be useful in the classroom and school-media center:
- Posting journal entries for class reading assignments in ELA
- Create a book club or discussion area for summer-reading programs for ELA
- Use it to promote a school club’s activities and updates, or videos or photos from an event
- Promote library services and updates
- Gather feedback from students to discover what they want in a library